Thursday, July 29, 2010

For Freedom

It's become more and more obvious to me recently how in and out of a good mood I can be. One day I'm in, the next, I'm out. It affects others. I've also been struggling with loving Jesus...the effect of my struggle with accepting his love. Cause and effect. But Jesus has not forgotten me. He has sent encouragers and encouragement to me noticeably often recently. Although, that statement isn't obvious unless I take time to notice. My mom wrote me a note today. A friend invited me over to hang out after receiving a downcast cry for help in the form of a text. It's easy to consider things like that "little things" with the effect of taking them for granted. But each are really big things. They are big because they happened, big according to what happened, and big on account of why they happened.
  • It happened - The alternative is nothing happened.
  • What happened - A conversation that stated Jesus does want me, to know me, and for me to know him. A note encouraging me not to give up.
  • Why it happened - I am downcast and someone noticed. I feel some need and asked for help.
Those are big things. Here are the verses from the note:
It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.
Take My Yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

No comments: